Shark helmets. Moto GP replica helmets Race-R Pro GP
Shark RACE-R PRO GP helmet 30th anniversary Black Carbon Pearl
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the brand, Shark Helmets presents a limited edition of its iconic racing model: the RACE-R PRO GP. This helmet has a limited issue of 1989 units, the brand’s date of birth and is available in 3 colours (663 in each colour).
Shark evolves their most sporty helmet and equips the new Race-R Pro GP with the latest technological advances. The outer shell with COVA (carbon fibre and aramid) structure offers lines that minimize interference with the race suit. As improvements, the new rear spoiler to enhance the aerodynamic features and high-speed stability stands out. This is the top of the range helmet, fruit of Shark’s experience at the highest levels of racing MotoGP and WorldSBK .
THE WORLD’S 1ST HELMET TO BE AWARDED THE FRHPHE-01 CERTIFICATION*
Boasting nearly 70 World Champion titles in its trophy case, SHARK Helmets has embraced motorcycle racing and made it a springboard to the company’s product development. Our motto: continuously push the technical envelope and innovate in order to ensure for our racers the highest levels of performance, beyond the requirements enshrined in safety standards. At present, SHARK Helmets is proud to lie on the cutting edge of innovation in becoming the world’s first brand to be awarded the FRHPhe-01 certification, across all size categories, for its new flagship model: the Race-R Pro GP FIM racing #1*.
This new standard issued by the FIM (International Motorcycling Federation), which has established safety requirements never before satisfied, is mandatory since June 2019 in both the Moto GP and Superbike disciplines before being extended to the other FIM competition categories by the start of the 2020 season.
Worn by all SHARK racers since the 2019 season got underway, this top-of-the-line model, which has been designed with an entirely new state-of-the-art racing structure and an optimal level of protection, is now available in a carbon skin version presented in a deluxe premium package.
*Available in all sizes, from XS to XL.
Shark RACE-R PRO GP motorcycle helmet features:
- A shell built with a COVA (Carbon On View & Aramid) structure: lightweight, resistance to both abrasion and compression, effective at preventing delamination, shock absorption.
- Multi-density, EPS(Expanded Polystyrene) shell: optimal damping at each impact zone.
- Chin guard fitted with a removable, variable airflow anti-pollution filter.
- Dual-density, EPU (Expanded Polyurethane) chin guard: Material designed above all to absorb shocks reverberating around the chin guard.
- Ergonomic visor grip for improved handling and easy opening.
- High-strength visor comes with an Optical Class 1 rating and variable thickness (ranging from 4.2 mm to 2.8 mm) without introducing any visual distortion. Treated to prevent scratches and fogging. System installed to enable quick visor disassembly.
- «Quick Spoiler Safety System»: allows ejecting the spoiler in the event of a fall to limit the effects of secondary shocks and thereby guarantee the rider’s optimal safety.
- Aerodynamic spoiler: the Race-R Pro GP has been equipped with a spoiler designed to optimize aerodynamic performance when traveling at very high speed*.
* Extreme speed beyond the authorized legal limit: reserved for track trials.